ProTech in Life

A simple blog expressing my various discoveries in computer world.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Social bookmarks managers

Today I stumbled upon Blinklist, another social bookmarking site, similar to del.icio.us, that lets you manage and share your favorite sites online. Although I have used Yahoo’s My Web and del.icio.us, I found Blinklist particularly interesting.There are a whole lot of such managers out there and theres even a comparison made between them if you are interested to know more about them.

In Yahoo the only benefit I saw was that it lets you capture the whole page, not just the link in case one thinks the page/its contents might get removed in future. On other hand del.icio.us follows a very clean interface but I find it too dull compared to the dynamism I see in blinklist. I have signed for it and used it for bookmarking some sites and think that I will dump my del.icio.us account in favor of blinklist account since it already gives you the facility to import your bookmarks from the del’s site.

The site also uses AJAX thus demonstrating some awesome capabilities when viewing the pages. What I particularly also found interesting in it was the capability to group the links into Favourite, Popular, Recent, My cloud thus allowing to getter a more better control over the bookmarks apart from the tagging capability.I don't want to write a review on it since there isalready one but I feel that you must definitely give it a try to really expericence it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home