ProTech in Life

A simple blog expressing my various discoveries in computer world.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

My Favorite Firefox Extensions

Firefox is the best browser I have seen to date and with the capability of add-ons such as extensions and themes which apart from changing the looks of the browser, also give new capabilities to it. I have used opera too, but didn't find it that impressive. Some sites that I visited didn't render properly in Opera (like Gamespot). IE, to me it seems that there always some or the other vulnerability to it quite a few times in a week.

I am not totally praising Firefox nor criticizing the others but it's just that Firefox suits my needs and provides me with plenty of tweaks that I can ask from a browser.

There are plenty of extensions on the net for Firefox but I my Favourite are :

  • Scrapbook - ScrapBook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy and multi-language support

  • ShowIP - See IP addresses of the site you visit.

  • Adblock - Block unwanted ads from web pages

  • StumbleUpon - StumbleUpon lets you "channelsurf" the best-reviewed sites on the web. It is a collaborative surfing tool for browsing, reviewing and sharing great sites with like-minded people. This helps you find interesting webpages you wouldn't think to search for.

  • CustomizeGoogle - Twaek google as per your need.

  • Pdf Dowload - Allows to choose whether you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML) or you want to download it!
  • TabX - It puts a cross at each tab opened, just like opera.

  • Paste and Go - Copy the URL and click Paste and go, saves you one click.

I find Scrapbook concept much similar to Yahoo My web which is in beta stage that stores either only the links ( similar to del.icio.us) or it can store the whole page as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home